Monday 28 February 2011

Vintage Wonderfulness

I like vintage clothing and vintage style but not enough to wear it or decorate my home that way. I can appreciate it, I suppose you'd say. I can spot it a mile off. In the last week I bought two lovely items that I thought I'd show you before they're sold on. The first is a really nice dress and coat combo by David Gibson of Regent Street, London. It's a gorgeous teal colour - I could see it on the mother of the bride - and I would date it perhaps early 60s. It's size 16 too,with 41" hips and 39" bust measurement. I like the lace insets on the collar and the chest. I don't know what it's made of but it doesn't crease and has a silky look.


The second item was from a car boot sale yesterday. It's a pure wool coat, made by Seigal in England. It's not wool like fluffy or woolly wool but hangs and feels like a very heavy synthetic fibre. I specially love the spotty lining of this one. It has a little half belt at the back and lovely big buttons. I would say this too could be from the 60s and might be a modern day 14. I'm going to get Red to model both for photos when she comes home on Wednesday, and will ask Babcia's opinion on date when she gets here tomorrow.



What do you think of my buys?

1 comment:

Leave a message.....