So, in the spirit of the (Year of the) Dragon, my resolutions for 2012 are;
1. Say 'no' more often. I said I wouldn't work any more nights again after the last time and this latest one really took it out of me. The trouble is that when one of my colleagues needs help I can't stop myself from offering. I must stop trying to be all things to all people.
2. Look at the calendar and my diary every day to see what's been organised. Big Man is very good at marking things down that I then totally miss because I've not checked for weeks.
3. Pay more attention to my husband, Big Man. He has a lot of good points and I'm sure he sometimes feels like the enemy in his own home. I should try to stop treating his TV choices with contempt too because that's just mean. ;P
4. Make my grown-up kids take responsibility for their own lives. They can do things for themselves, I just have to let them/make them.
5. Go to bed at a reasonable time. Aiming for pre-midnight.....
6. Read 100 books this year. I will post a pic of my loft (aka Babcia's bedroom....I really do have a madwoman in the attic, tee hee!) and you'll all see how library-like it is. There must be 100 books on the floor by the two full bookcases that are up there, plus a third bookcase with self-help tomes on it. None of which have helped me. I'm aiming to not buy any books this year either, just read my stock. This'll be hard - I almost bought this and this yesterday because I really want to read them - but they'll come to me somehow, I'm sure of it. I can't really use the library because I have a biggish fine outstanding, as does Red (from a DVD Carb Addict borrowed on her card and then lost for two years. Ratatouille if you're interested) though I guess I could use one of the men's cards....one of them may be fine-free. Anyway, I'm an extremely fast reader so I'm not expecting 100 books to be too onerous.
Similar to my loft but I don't have a ladder up there. Or an old man.
7. Make sure I order my prescription in plenty of time so I don't end up having to buy stuff to tide me over.
8. Set mine and Babcia's Etsy shop up properly. She has made masses of stuff and I've made nowt.
9. Finish knitting my Christmas Advent Tree for next Christmas. I am a lazy, lazy woman.
10. See more SeeFilmFirst free movies this year than last.
11. Update my ideas notebook.
12. Try to write 200 posts this year and get 100 followers.
Tomorrow I'll have my year-end sitrep and some financial goals. Before I go please listen to the video below and tell me if her voice and this song don't weave some kinda magic together. Spine-tingling....