Monday 16 January 2012

Come Dancing!

Come dancing! Come on sister
Have yourself a ball
Don't be afraid to come dancing,
It's only natural


This evening Big Man and I had our first ballroom dancing lesson and it was such a lot of fun. He learned as a child and I...well, I just want to go on Strictly and this could be the first step. Nah, don't worry - I'm not that deluded! The class is a 10-week course in a local school and for anyone on an income of less than £12,000 a year it's only £7.50. That would be us then, so we're only paying 75p a week. Where can you get an hour-and-a-half's entertainment for 75p these days? Subsidised education is a wonderful thing.

This evening we did the Foxtrot and the Cha Cha Cha (daaaahling!) There were only three other couples there and one of those was two women. The older of them was so like Babcia to look at (but without her good teeth) that we were quite freaked out. When I texted her afterwards to tell her she has a doppelganger, Babcia replied 'Yes, that WAS me tonight, didn't want to tell you I'd be there, how did I do?' She gets nuttier as she gets older, she really does.

I think we did pretty well all told. We picked the steps up quickly and the instructor is really good. A bit of a namedropper - he knows Len Goodman!!!! - but still a fun bloke. My feet were aching at the end of the session and Big Man's knee was playing him up a bit, but I can't wait for next Monday. I'll be making Big Man practice every chance I get whether he wants to or not. Blackpool here I come!!!!!

One-two, cha cha cha!!!




6 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! 75p a week - that's amazing! :) I learned belly dancing when I lived in London. That's good fun, although not much of a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such fun and good exercise too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'd so be there if I could! It's in the "too dear to do" pile here. Hubby isn't over keen or I guess we'd find the cash. I have a nice new pair of dance shoes if you're a UK 6 1/2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun - its something I've always wanted to learn - but hubby refuses!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had that song in my head since I saw your post title today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. Mr FF and I used to go to tango lessons, unfortunately I was always too heavy for him to lift me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message.....