Thursday 20 October 2011

Kettlebells R Us

This evening Red and I tried a kettlebells class. I'd wanted to give it a go since I saw that very butch fitness instructor putting the contestants through their paces with them in 'The Biggest Loser'. And Red came along because....well, because I offered to pay for her I suppose. Plus we wanted to escape our numbingly-cold house for an hour.

This class is hardcore (as my colleague Staś would say)! I can feel my joints seizing up already and I know I'm going to be hobbling around at work tomorrow just like my residents. I had a nasty accident right at the start of the class doing something called 'Round The World' when I managed to throw a 3kg kettlebell onto my foot. The pain was excruciating, absolutely terrible. It was all I could do not to collapse to the floor and start blubbing. Luckily, I remembered just in time that I am Northern and we leave that kind of carry-on to Southern softies. I waited until I got home to milk my injury....for all the good it did me.

We've booked to go again next week, despite agreeing that it was odd the instructor, a man in his mid-forties would say that he was 'passionate about kettlebells'. We had a juvenile snigger over that....

5 comments:

  1. Glutton for punishment I see!!!! But I've heard that kettle bells are a really great workout......watch the feet next time!!!!!!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of them!
    Sounds dangerous to me, hope you are walking ok today.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey! Were you flinging them around for recreation?

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has started doing this in her workout at college. She says it has really built up her upper body strength. Good luck with it

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Southern softies! Haha! Made me laugh. And I am from the south.

    Hope you're ok tomorrow...it'll be Wednesday it really hits you mark my words!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message.....